- came to the United States before their 16th birthday;
- were under age 31 and had no valid immigration status on June 15, 2012;
- have continuously resided in the United States between June 15, 2007 and the present;
- are currently in school, graduated from high school, obtained a GED, or were honorably discharged from the Armed Forces;
- have not been convicted of a felony, a “significant” misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Requests for deferred action will only be considered for immigrants who are 15 or older, unless they are currently in removal proceedings or have a final order of removal or voluntary departure, in which case they may apply if they are under 15. (taken from the Immigration Policy Center’s Fact Page– please click through to read more) Other Resources:
- USCIS Page with guidelines, and forms (English and Spanish)
- CHIRLA‘s Resources and local legal clinics (English and Spanish)
- United We Dream’s DACA FAQ (English, Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Thai)
LBIRC will be hosting bimonthly Free Informational Sessions and Legal Clinics, which we will update on this webpage.